Mooresville Estate Planning Attorneys
Providing Caring & Capable Representation since 2004. Serving Iredell, Mecklenburg & the Surrounding Counties.
Everyone has an estate whether they realize it or not. Some estates are bigger than others, often involving homes, vehicles, other real estate, investment portfolios, life insurance, retirement accounts, boats, art, jewelry, and more. Others are much simpler and less involved. However, no matter the size or monetary value of your estate, if you fail to provide instructions as to how all its various parts are to be handled should you become disabled or pass away, your control will be lost. Someone else whom you do not know, such as a judge, will likely determine its distribution.
At the Law Office of Natalie J. Miller, we don’t want that to happen. We are here to ensure that your wishes and objectives are honored when you are no longer able to express them. In fact, estate planning instruments will become your voice for how you want your estate to be distributed, thereby protecting your legacy and the future of your loved ones. Estate planning will also provide for this while seeking to minimize the amount of taxes, court fees, and legal fees required at the time your estate is distributed.
What Is Involved in an Estate Plan?
Estate plans do more than merely designate how your assets will be passed on. Many issues can be resolved in advance with such plans through the use of various legal instruments.
Our firm can provide the following estate planning assistance:
- Create asset protection solutions, such as wills, trusts, or other, more complex strategies to protect your property and assets.
- Help you avoid probate through proper legal means.
- Minimize or avoid estate taxes.
- Formalize instructions for your care should you become disabled or unable to voice your wishes.
- Designate trusted persons to make decisions concerning your finances and/or basic living matters should you become unable to do so.
- Provide guardianships for adults and minor children.
- Provide for family members who have special needs.
- Create a plan for the succession of your business should you become disabled, retire, or pass away.
- Provide advice and preparation of beneficiary documents for life insurance and other assets.
Benefits of Estate Planning
Any family can benefit from setting up an estate plan. It will prepare for the future so that nothing is left to chance. The advantages of estate planning include:
Avoiding the probate process
Take care of your loved ones
Ensure your children are provided for
Quickly transfer property to family
Plan for incapacitation
Protect your assets
Estate planning ensures your loved ones are taken care of and provides you with peace of mind. The experienced Mooresville estate planning attorney at the Law Office of Natalie J. Miller can help guide you through to meet your unique needs. Call us today to discuss your options.
Learn More about Estate Planning
Too many people fail to plan ahead, which can lead to probate and other legal problems for those you leave behind. Ensure that your wishes are followed by creating an estate plan that is legally sound with the help of a professional. By doing so, you will achieve peace of mind for yourself and the ones you love.
Reach out to our Mooresville estate planning attorneys at (704) 662-3557 today.
Consultation Fees Waived if Retained
Focused on Elder & Probate Law
Work Directly With an Attorney
Will Travel for Clients Who Are Unable
Treats Clients Like Family
Flexible Hours - By Appointment